Hiring – Voice Field Technician
Voice Field Technician
Reports To Operation Manager
The Voice Field Technician’s role is to deploy, maintain and support client networks and voice services located at customer and Kloud 7 facilities. The position entails travel to client sites to perform technical surveys, service installation, user training and systems support.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical Surveying
- Conduct a structured site review to determine the readiness of a client’s site for the solution being deployed
- Trace and verify that the inside CAT5e / CAT6 wiring is in place and correctly terminated to meet the requirements of the services to be installed
- Verify equipment space and power placement is suitable
- Analyze ISP DMARC locations and service delivery types
- Capture site pictures and generate detailed site survey reports detailing the findings
- Service Installation
- The ability to install the following devices for new and existing customers: network routers, switches, wireless access points, IP phones, desktop / laptop computers etc.
- The installation of structured inside wiring CAT5e / CAT 6 / COAX
- Installing and troubleshooting software on end user PC’s
- A strong working ability with hand power tools
- The ability to effectively install structured cabling into new construction and existing office buildings through walls, above ceilings and any other path reasonably required to meet the requirements of the cabling run
- Follow detailed instructions from remote provisioning team on the required steps to complete a service installation
- Strong time management capabilities to meet multiple installations per day at different customer sites
- Detailed verification that services are correctly functioning and troubleshooting with remote provisioning teams
- Formal Education / Certification / Essential Requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years of work experience in technology and/or telecommunications
- A valid State driver’s license
- Detailed knowledge and experience with hand power tools
- Ability to climb ladders of up to 30 feet in height
- Ability to use scissor lifts
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components
- Experience cabling various electronic components (e.g., modems, routers, switches)
- Experience working with CAT 5, CAT6 and COAX wiring
- Ability to use established electrical, digital, and/or mechanical principles and to perform appropriate tests to identify and solve problems encountered on the job.
- Ability to complete designated amounts of work in a specified timeframe (e.g., quality jobs per day), adjusting work assignments or schedules to meet changing work-related priorities or demands and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate, as well as to work independently in the field with little supervision
- Ability to provide efficient, quality customer service to both internal and external customers both face-to-face and over-the-phone
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and experience with desktop operating systems including Windows (XP 7, 8 10), Ubuntu Linux, and Mac OSX
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
Work Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
- Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g., attics, crawl spaces, utility holes).
- Ability to perform job activities outdoors in different weather conditions (e.g., extreme cold and/or heat, inclement weather)
- Ability to climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders, poles, lift trucks) exceeding 18 feet
- Able to handle, grasp and carry 30-foot extension ladders (up to 75 lbs.) and manhole covers (up to 150 lbs.) Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work varying shifts and hours including mandatory overtime
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.